Thursday, May 6, 2010

Woodchuck Buffalo

Woodchuck stood at the edge of porch,
two feet tall and grinning,
finishing off my kale.

"Ohh, my beautiful salad," I groaned.  "Couldn't you munch the dandelions instead?  Must I whack you one to get through?"

Woodchuck smiled a toothy and spoke with British accent, "you are a Buddhist, it is said."

With my jaw agape and eyes like dinner plates, I stuttered, "uh...uh...cou...could we make a deal?"

Woodchuck closed his eyes for a moment of quiet contemplation,  pearly whites still agleam.

"Uh...uh..." I breathed, my heart pounding like a jackhammer.

Finally, Woodchuck opened one eye and then the other, vectoring into my soul like a royal laser, "ok geezer, here's the deal...I eat anything and everything...and...you get nothingness."

I stumbled backwards to avoid falling down and gasped, "uh...uh...okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment